Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Thank goodness for long weekends!

I'll start off my post with some pictures of the cake pops that Caitlin and I made. I know that she posted pictures on her blog too. These ones really weren't that great tasting. I was so bummed, because I'd been wanting to make these for so long. I fiddled with the recipe and made some more and they were sooooooo yummy. I took some to Charlie's school for his Valentine's Day celebration and everybody loved them. I'm going to make some more today for my mom and dad's anniversary.




As I said in my last post, I am so sick of winter. But it helps when you can get out of town for a weekend here and there. Charlie was off school last Thursday and Friday, then had Monday off too. We were invited back to our friends cabin in Invermere and jumped at the offer.
It was such a great weekend. We lounged around, ate lots of food and played games. We even went up to Panarama for a day of snowboarding. Lots of fun.

Ash made some new friends. Chloe and Lola.


Ash having a melt-down cause Lola bent her Valentine card.


My boo-bear! She was so happy to spend the weekend with us too.


We spent Sunday on the Lake, playing hockey and snowmobiling. Great fun.




Later that day, we made pizza. Here's Charlie eating the pizza that he made.


These pics are backwards, so here's Charlie watching his pizza being cut.


In goes Charlie's pizza. (This is our friend, Doug. His cabin)
The "forno".




Anyway, we had a great weekend away. It helps to break-up the long winter. Still really looking forward to Spring. I just need to get me some hot weather now.

2 comments:

Jeff and Diana said...

k i want the recipe for those cupcake pops. those look so fun!

Jay and Bec said...

Wow! I am jealous of your weekend! It helps when you are out having fun in the winter weather, and not just hangin around the house. I love the pic of Ashley's little friend during her meltdown. So funny. I second Diana. You MUST post that recipe..the one that worked. Those look amazing!