Okay, so this is our attempt at a Gingerbread House. I feel kind of guilty because I didn't bake my own gingerbread. We bought a kit at Safeway that came with everything. I haven't tasted it yet, but man, it smells great! Charlie was totally into it! I remember when I was young and watching my mom cut her pattern and bake her gingerbread. I loved tasting the icing and nibbling on all the "decorations". Anyway, it was so fun to watch Charlie's excitement. Everytime I look over, there he is picking away at the icing. He can't leave it alone. Does anybody from my family remember when dad won that huge big gingerbread house? It was more like a ranch and it took up the whole coffeec table. Jason's got to remember - he ate most of it!:) It's so funny how little things can spark a memory.
Friday, December 15, 2006
Gingerbread hopeful!
Posted by Jennifer at Friday, December 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I remeber the gingerbread house, we have pictures with it! Yummy! Your gingerbread house is cute. The only thing I don't like about them is you only eat the candy, you end up throwing out the ginger bread. But it's SO cute!
What do you know?? After several frusterating tries, I think I'm going to be able to post a comment!! I love your pictures of Arizona!! I'm jealous that you got to sit by a pool, and enjoy the sun!! It looked like a fun trip!! Good for you with your gingerbread house too. We have had one in a box since Thanksgiving, and lets just say, I haven't wanted the mess yet. You're a nice mommy!!
Great gingerbread house! I showed the girls, now they want to make one. So we will see. I totally remember that big house that Dad won. It was huge!
We should all make one for next year and start a tradition... well maybe not. We will see how it goes next year. Anyways, great job!
Love the gingerbread house! I am so happy that I now have an excuse to make one again, I guess it will be a few years till Claire really cares about all the candy, and presents and stuff, but Christmas time is so much more fun with kids, Is Charlie totally into it?
Post a Comment