Friday, May 15, 2009

Arizona May '09

Peter, the kids and I just got back from our annual Spring trip to Scottsdale. We had the best time with the kids. We've definitely hit that mark where the kids are so much easier. The plane ride was quite painless. Actually, it was fun. The kids loved it. The pool situation was also easier. Charlie is has turned into a great little swimmer and Ashley is getting there. It's nice to be able to relax a tad.
Here are some photos of our trip. They're kind of all over the place, but here we go.


The pool has a putting green to the side, so the kids would take their clubs.
















This was one of Charlie's favorite places to be. Peter would throw him so hard.




It was so nice to see Kathy and her family. They had us over for a great bbq. Kathy, I need that bean salad recipe! The kids had so much fun with Haylee and Matthew.









Haylee worked her make-up skills on Ashley. Ash thought she'd died and gone to Heaven with all the princess stuff.









Ash was getting frustrated with the tricicle.







Kathy's kids had so many fun things to play with. Charlie loved Haylee's pink jeep.
Charlie taking Ashley for a spin. Hold on tight Ash!!








Lots of dress up stuff too!
We have been looking for a nice Snow White dress for Ashley all over the place with no luck. She was very glad to try on Haylee's. We heard that Snow White will be re-released in the fall, so their will be lots of dress around then. If anybody else cares!














Every year we also hit the train park. We love it. Aside from the train, and playground, the merry-go-round is always a huge hit.








They all look so serious!













Ashley wasn't too sure about the water misters at the play park. All the locals love them. But everytime they would come on my Canadian children would run from them shrieking. It was actually pretty funny!














Charlie loves the guns!















































Getting ready to Launch in ....10......9.....8.........






























DIVA!
















We had to break down once (okay, maybe twice) and buy Mc Donald's for the kids.


















Bored?

Maybe the novelty of the Happy Meal is over!
What's with the CD's they're giving out as toys, by the way? Kids NOT happy!










Little miss sunshine! Can I get you anything, Ashley?



















.......7....6....5....4....3....2....1.....



"Take - off!!!"













here we go again.




























I love this picture of the boys. They both look so happy.









Now here is one of my favorite shots.
Oh yeah!!! It's almost 115 degrees!!!!!
LOVE IT!!!!
miss it :(





Peter took the kids to the Arizona Zoo (while I went to Last Chance to deal with my addiction to bargain hunting. I know, I have a problem)
Here's Ash at the zoo. Sorry, no animals in the background. But really, they were there.







Ashley says it's payback time.















Relaxin!









More pool time.
























Just jump already!
















Charlie and his "juicy fruit" tree. That's what he calls grapefruits for some reason.













Peter got Charlie his own set of clubs and Charlie's hooked. Actually I think he likes carrying his clubs around more than anything.













He's growing up so fast. I just can't get over it.

















This was so funny. We stepped onto the green outside the Allen's condo to practice putting and Ashley was melting down because we were on her "dancefloor". She kept saying there was no room left for her to dance.
Oh my!








My babies!




























I love to see my kids laugh and giggle. And, I love when they get along and play nicely together.









Here's Ashley again in her favorite positon. Looking back now, I think she was lounging and snacking, more than swimming.



























Finally, a picture with all of us in it. It doens't happen very often.
I'm mad at myself for not arranging to have some professional photos taken down there. If anybody knows of a good photographer in the Phoenix area, let me know for next year.


AndNow last but not least, I have to mention this place that Kathy introduced me to a few years back. It's called Postino Wine Cafe. They have a great wine menu, but they also have this AMAZING bruschetta. We go there for this reason, mostly. They have a selection of 10 different kinds like your basic tomatoe, then they have brie with green apple and honey, or ricotta cheese with pistachio nuts, but my all time Favorite is the Prociutto with Figs and Mascarpone cheese. I'm not lying here, this stuff is so good! I dream about it! So I went on line and came across some other girls blog. She loves this bruscetta as well and his "ripped" off the recipe. So, I'm going to share it with you.
Prociutto, Figs and Mascarpone Bruscetta
-Fresh crusty breat
-prociutto, 1/2 lb
-dried black mission Figs, thinly sliced
-mascarpone cheese
-extra virgin olive oil
-1 glove garlic, peeled and sliced in half
-sea salt and ground black pepper
Slice bread diagonally in 1 inch slices. Rub with garlic clove. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and bake at 350 until warm and crisp.
Spread with mascarpone cheese, top with sliced figs, then prociutto. Srinkle a tad more salt and pepper and drizzle with a bit more olive oil. Cut in half and enjoy!
Easy right? And super delicious. A great appetizer. Let me know if you try it and what you think!

5 comments:

Jeff and Diana said...

that trip looked so wonderful! i need to head down and get some Last Chance bargains as well. did you get anything good?

Jennifer said...

Yeah, Last Chance is the greatest place on earth. I got some really nice coach leather knee-high boots for $40 (steal). More shoes & boots and some stuff for the kids. I love it there.

Cait said...

I am SO jealous. I love all the pictures of Ashley. Her little attitude shows in all of them!

laurav said...

Looks like you had a great time. I am jealous of the shopping!!

Jay and Bec said...

What a great vacation!! One of these days we need to take a girls "shopping" trip down to Arizona! Your family looks amazing! We really miss you guys!