We finally got Ashley potty-trained, just in time for Ballet. I am so excited. It was so fun buying her shoes and bodysuit. I really hope that she likes to dance. She's been talking about it for ever and it was the big motivator for potty-training. We kept saying that when she's a big girl, she can do ballet.We had some friends stay over New Year's eve. We made a traditional Swiss fondue (scrumptious), and stayed up until 4 a.m. playing cards. I can't remember the last time I stayed up so late. We paid for it the next day, however.
Before our fondue, we took the kids out sledding. Charlie thought that his scuba goggles would be great protection from snow flying in the face.

Before our fondue, we took the kids out sledding. Charlie thought that his scuba goggles would be great protection from snow flying in the face.
The next day we went to the old Pioneer's Lodge for a McKinnon family (Peter's mom's side) get together. You think the Rawsthorne family is big?
It was really neat. They had their family tree on display, old photo albums of relatives and lots of stories. The lodge is a really neat place too. Charlie and Ashley were fascinated by all the animals on the walls.
All these animals and a big roaring fire-place in the corner makes it really cozy!
All these animals and a big roaring fire-place in the corner makes it really cozy!


4 comments:
Very cute outfit Jen! Ashley looks ready to be a ballerina! And those animals are creepy, I HATE stuffed animals.
Ashley looks ADORABLE, and I agree with Caitlin, stuffed animals are scary. Dave has a bear skin in his brothers freezer and seems to think that one day it will be in our house, I think otherwise. HAPPY NEW YEAR, I wish I could have been with you guys over the holidays!
i wish bentley would potty train. i have been working on it for a couple weeks now. im doing all the right stuff. i guess she just isnt ready but i am!
ashley looks too cute in her ballerina outfit!
I LOVE this post! It makes us feel a little bit a part of your holidays together! Congrats on the potty training--Ashley makes an adorable little ballerina. And I love Charlie's scuba goggles...smart thinking. Great to see that you all had some good fun together!
Post a Comment